- Put some (A Lot of) Prep in your Step
- One of the most common misconceptions in interior painting as of recent is that 2-in-1 Paint (Paint + Primer) has taken the place of wall preparation. While paint technology (Yes! That is a real thing!) has drastically increased, the basic practice of preparation has yet to be diminished.
- Wall Preparation consists of many facets:
- Cleaning – scrubbing grease, grime and dirt off of the surface
- Resurfacing – filling in voids and filing bulges to a flat surface
- Texture – While Spackle makes life easy, it is only part of the resurfacing process. Once spackle has been applied, it must be dried and reapplied until the void is fully slush with the surface. After this is complete, spot texture must be applied before paint to match the surrounding texture of the wall.
- Patches must be textured
- While previously mentioned above, this is such an prevalant problem that it requires a spot of its own on the top 5. Upon home move-outs and turn-arounds, we often see the occupants doing their best to clean the home and prepare it for the next resident. By nature of living in the home, this requires the removal of pictures, TV’s, and other wall-mounted fixutres that, once removed, leave gaping obvious holes in the wall. As a responsible residnet, these thoughful individuals plan a trip to the local hardware store to purchase a 16oz tub of spackle as well as an applicator. While we appreciate the effort, this is only half the battle. Once the spackle is applied, it must be sanded and reaplied until voids are completely flush with the wall surface. Once flush with the orignal wall surface, repair patches are flat in nature and must be textured to match the surrounding wall covering. While this may seem like a daunting task, spray texture can be applied in small quantities with a simple aerosal can.
- Cut-ins require Cut-in Tools
- The Floor is Lava – Don’t Step off the Paint Cloth
- Brush Work Requires 2 Coats
Thrive Handyman Service is a team of dedicated and highly skilled craftsmen dedicated to residential home repair and preservation. Founded as a branch of Thrive Property Management, Thrive Handyman Service specializes in the repair and update of residential properties in the Rapid City area.
As a a prominent property management company in Rapid City, Thrive has excelled in providing unparalleled customer service and experience to homeowners and tenants of the Black Hills. At the core of our business, it is essential that our tenants our provided a top-knotch home and that our clients properties are cared for just as they were when they occupied them. As a result, Thrive dedicated a great amount of resources to developing a top-level team and system to provide this essential services.
With the success born from our property management branch, Thrive made the executive decision to offer our one-of-a-kind handyman services to all homeowners of the Black Hills. Whether you are a current tenant or client, or simply a Rapid City resident, you know have a fast, reliable and honest service to service all your handyman and home repair needs.